Open-Rank Professor of Educational Leadership
Job no: 515688
Work type: Teaching & Research Faculty
Senior management: Liberal Arts and Human Sciences
Department: School of Education
Location: Greater Washington, D.C., Metro Area
Categories: Instructional / Teaching Faculty
The Virginia Tech School of Education is seeking applications for an open-rank professor of Educational Leadership. This nine-month, tenure track/tenured faculty position is available August 2021 at the Blacksburg, Falls Church, or Richmond, Virginia, campuses. Some travel required.
Responsibilities include conducting an active research agenda; teaching courses in master’s and doctoral programs that prepare students for a broad range of administrative and leadership roles in PreK-12 school systems, government agencies, and non-profit organizations; and providing service to the School, College, University, and profession. The expected/standard teaching load is two/two courses per academic year.
• A Ph.D. or Ed.D. in educational leadership or terminal degree in a related field at time of appointment
• Record or strong potential for scholarly research
• Record of or strong potential for externally funded research
• Record of or strong potential for teaching excellence in online and/or face-to-face graduate courses
• Demonstrated evidence of work related to the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Record of scholarship, teaching, outreach, and service commensurate with rank
• Demonstrated experience with and commitment to working with diverse, rural, and/or international populations
• Expertise in School Law, Public School Finance, and/or Public School Administration
• Experience mentoring master’s and doctoral students, including chairing/serving on dissertation committees
• Familiarity/experience with Quality Matters standards for online teaching
• Public Pre-K-12 school leadership experience
Commensurate with experience
April 28, 2021 and continues until position is filled.
To apply, please submit (1) a cover letter detailing your qualifications for the position, (2) a curriculum vitae, and (3) names and contact information for three references. Application materials must be submitted online at www.jobs.vt.edu, Job number 515688.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Sherri Albert at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend