(Senior) Associate Director, Post Award
Job no: 516449
Work type: Administrative & Professional
Senior management: Vice President for Research
Department: Sponsored Programs
Location: Telework Eligible, Blacksburg Area
Categories: Executive / Director / Management, Grants / Contracts
This position serves as a key member of the Office of Sponsored Programs Post Award management team at Virginia Tech, and is responsible for the overall direction, management and operation of financial activities and the comprehensive administration of Post Award Leadership team for sponsored programs.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Post Award, Sponsored Programs, this position will serve as a key resource and subject matter expert to academic department staff, central office staff, faculty and all Post Award staff in all matters related to University Policies and Procedures, Uniform Guidance, federal and state regulations and all sponsoring agency requirements. This position will serve as the institutional liaison to both the faculty and perspective sponsors on all Post Award matters and participates in outreach and training efforts to the University. Will be expected to stay abreast of changes in federal regulations and identify the need for revising institutional policies and procedures and communicating the changes to OSP staff, faculty and departmental staff on campus. .
Senior/Associate Director will provide daily leadership for research administration, foster team work, collaborate and demonstrate high commitment to customer service, as well in the operations of the office including award set up, award oversight and management as well as financial oversight including billing/invoicing and receivables.
Position is eligible for telework in a hybrid role, but not 100% telework.
- Advanced degree and/or lesser degree with relevant education and significant professorial experience
- Demonstrated financial and/or administrative experience in support of research
- Significant experience and in-depth knowledge of federal and nonfederal regulations and guidelines, cost principles, uniform administrative requirements for sponsored projects and audits of states, local governments, and nonprofit organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership, independent initiative to interpret and apply federal regulations, policies, and procedures in a university or an agency funding or conducting research
- Demonstrated experience building processes and strategies and managing a team of professionals to facilitate efficient and effective research administration and/or funding applications
- Demonstrated experience in the management and/or negotiation of complex international grants and contracts
- Professional designations such as Certified Research Administrator (CRA) or Certified Financial Research Administrator (CFRA)
- Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM); Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Graduation from NCURA Leadership Development Institute
- Demonstrated practical experience in interpretation and application of research policies and procedures
- Significant training delivery experience in a professional environment
Commensurate with Experience
This position is based from Virginia Tech's main campus in Blacksburg, VA and is eligible for a hybrid telework schedule.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lynn Byrd at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend