The Consultant for Organizational Excellence will play a critical supporting role in advancing Virginia Tech’s mission and bold vision with a number of transformational initiatives already underway. The Consultant will work with leaders to ensure those initiatives, including business processes, systems, technologies, job roles, and organizational structures, are successful.
The Consultant is responsible for managing a wide variety of consulting projects, including but not limited to, those involving strategic planning, organizational and operational assessment, performance and productivity improvement, organizational development, organizational design, change management, and other organizational transformation efforts. The Consultant supports senior consultants within the Organizational Excellence practice and assumes primary accountability for the delivery of high quality and timely consulting services to the client. The Consultant creates project plans and drafts client materials and deliverables.
The Consultant has excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to simultaneously oversee multiple projects and delivery deadlines. Additionally, the Consultant performs as a day-to-day point person for Senior Consultant(s) on project matters including executing recommended solutions and approaches to resolving project needs; facilitating project teams, ensuring that projects are delivered on time; serving as change management expert; and supporting the delivery of timely and high-quality services. The Consultant demonstrates ability to operate effectively at multiple levels of the organization.
The critical success factors for this position include the following: effectively organized, strong team focus, business acumen, critical thinking and problem solving, communication and influence, collaborative approach, adaptability and flexibility in thinking and management of work and relationships, managing multiple priorities simultaneously, initiative, and independent thought leadership, relationship building, and strong written and oral communication abilities.
• Primary responsibility for all phases of Organizational Excellence projects; including project planning, project management, issue identification, solutions design, implementation planning, creation of project deliverables, and the development of project plans, schedules, agendas, materials, reports, data, collateral, information and resulting presentations;
• Manages project meetings, conducts assessments, requests and reviews relevant data and information, and effectively organizes the collection and analysis of client inputs and information;
• Facilitates and effectively manages project teams;
• Develops and presents findings, solutions, recommendations, action plans, etc., to stakeholders; and
• Provides supervision of assigned project team members as needed.
• Serves as change management consultant.
• Strong project and program management skills and experiences
• Change management experience
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
• Professional business acumen
• Effective facilitation of project teams
• Effective and pragmatic problem-solver with the ability to independently draft, design, and develop solutions
• Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, deductive reasoning, good intuition, and strong emotional intelligence
• Understands organizational, cultural and interpersonal dynamics, and devises effective and practical solutions to a broad range of organizational issues and challenges
• Ability to build strong client relationships and establish long-term engagements and projects
• Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to manage and accept ambiguity
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and capabilities