Faculty / Portfolio:
Vice President (Services)
Campus Community Division
Safer Community Unit
$82,645 - $90,646 pa HEW Level 07
(plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Work with a friendly and professional team
- Utilise your investigation and problem behaviour risk management experience in a Safer Community Unit
- Convenient on-campus Clayton location
If you're after a rewarding career, Monash University can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, combined with a ranking in the top 100 universities worldwide, we offer all you need to build a brighter future.
The award winning Safer Community Unit provides an investigation, risk management and coordination role to reduce the risk to staff, students and the organisation of inappropriate concerning and threatening behaviour. The unit encourages early identification of problem behaviour that presents a risk to the safety and wellbeing of self or others. Staff from the Safer Community Unit provide information, advice, support and, where necessary, intervention to those impacted and the person demonstrating the behaviour of concern.
In the role of Safer Community Adviser, you will play a key role in the University's management of high risk cases of threat and risk of violence.
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for:
- application of a best practice approach to problem behaviour risk assessment and management, sensitively manage incidents, focusing on early identification, intervention and de-escalation of risks
- conducting investigations, utilising sound investigative skills in areas of fact verification, evidence gathering, compiling of statements, reports and briefs of evidence in support of formal University action
- provision of information, advice, practical skills, coaching and motivational interviews to staff and students in response to challenging situations and behaviours
- ensuring adherence to legislation and University policies and procedures.
As the successful candidate, you will have
- a degree/tertiary qualification in Forensic Behavioural Science or a degree with relevant experience
- sound relationship management skills with a proven ability in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- highly developed investigation, compilation of brief of evidence skills and decision making skills
- exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to manage a person in crisis, highly emotional or aggressive states
- a high level of confidentiality and resilience
- strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- a sound understanding of privacy legislation, laws/rules of evidence.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
The position requires the candidate to hold a current Working with Children Check (WWCC).
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs"
Ms Bronwyn Drake, Manager Safer Community Unit, 03 9905 3134
PD - Safer Community Adviser
Sunday 1 October 2015, 11:55pm AEST
Supporting a diverse workforce