Job No.: 572689
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: $85,538 - $93,819 pa HEW Level 07 (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Enjoy the freedom to discover something new
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
There’s a certain feeling you get from working at Monash University. It’s the feeling that you’re a part of something special. Something significant. So if you’re looking for the next chapter in your career, it’s here. You’ll be given the opportunity to challenge yourself, build on your skills, and make a significant contribution to a workplace that’s filled with energetic and inspiring people. Talent thrives here – and so do truly satisfying careers.
The Auditor and Audit Specialist is responsible for coordinating a variety of ongoing internal and external audit programs across all Australian campuses as part of our OHSAS 18001 and AS4801 certification requirements and other legal obligations. As an objective, this fosters a proactive stance in the reduction of risks across the University.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager (Risk & Compliance), the incumbent will also be responsible for providing specialist service and support to Monash staff at all levels to meet compliance requirements.
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for-
- Managing and conducting OHS internal and external audits and coordinating the appointment of external auditors as required
- Ensuring audit findings are recorded, reported and disseminated to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Compiling and maintaining a Corrective Actions Register for each audit and ensure that identified actions are documented and completed within agreed timeframes
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the divisional Risk Register and Legislative Compliance Register
- Planning, coordinating and lead legislative and OHS audits across the division
- Assisting the University in maintaining its certification to AS 4801 and ISO 18001
- Undertaking specialised administrative tasks associated with Legal Compliance and OHS Management System requirements
- Actively contributing to the review, development and maintenance of legal compliance and OHS policy, procedures and guidelines
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and ongoing communication with key stakeholders
- Keeping abreast of legislative changes and ensure these are reflected across the Legal Compliance Framework and Register, and OHS Management System where relevant
- a relevant degree or lead auditor qualification with subsequent OHS experience or
- an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training with
- demonstrated experience in the coordination of a proactive audit program across a large complex, outcome-oriented organisation
Then we want to hear from you.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Some positions at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs"
Mrs Sharon Barnes, Senior Project Manager (Risk & Compliance), 03 99020672
PD - Auditing specialist
Wednesday 21 March 2018, 11.55 pm AEDT
Supporting a diverse workforce