Enrollment Services Processor
Job no: 501976
Work type: Regular
Location: West LA Campus
Categories: Administrative/Office Support, Academic Support
This role is responsible for managing work flow to meet deadlines as well as maintaining and updating business processes. Ensures the University stays up to date in the knowledge and use of multiple data systems, including but not limited to People Soft, Salesforce, data imaging systems, high volume calling and on-line application system. Responsible for collecting and tracking admissions files. Creates and coordinates communication amongst students regarding admission status. Responsible for international student data collection. Performs process audits on student enrollment processes to ensure matriculation.
- Track and monitor applications and admissions status in collaboration with Admission team.
- Coordinate the "Intent to Enroll" process, including creating and tracking "Intent to Enroll" forms and deposits, accompanied by the necessary reporting.
- Track students' admission status and maintain correspondence with applicants regarding incomplete files, status, and confirmation letters for enrollment deferrals.
- Collect and input test scores. Receive application fees and submit them to the Budget and Research Office. Maintain student files and transfer files to Registrar's Office as scheduled.
- Process admitted students in the systems, perform quality control by verifying official documents; respond to standout inquirers regarding admission application process and status.
- Review the GSEP Admission application for updates and changes, when necessary or requested. Maintain online admission application to ensure that it is kept up to date and when necessary, and work directly with servicer to resolve issues.
- Create reports from PeopleSoft or other systems as needed or required; manage email responses; set-up and distribution of online applications systems.
- Input and maintain international student data and ensure compliance with SEVIS regulations; communicate regularly with Office of International Students.
- Process all admission documents and applications by inputting and/or uploading data into the PeopleSoft system and creating admission files.
- Scan and maintain all admission documents into a data imaging warehouse system.
- Generate and coordinate mailing and email communication of admission status letters and internal distribution of admission information.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Make outbound calls to prospective students.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor’s degree and/or 1-3 years of experience in data entry, data gathering, report generation, analyzing data and/or other related functions (preferably in Admission or an academic environment). Demonstrated success in process planning and work flow. Exhibits excellence in customer service, comfortable with high volume calls and teamwork. Well versed is MS Word, Excel, Google Suite or comparable design program. Knowledge of cloud base storage, CRM systems (i.e. Salesforce) and integrated educational systems (i.e.PeopleSoft)
Personal cell phone is required; Mobile phone allowance is provided; Professional demeanor; travel is required as needed.
Preferred: Experience in undergraduate or graduate admissions and bilingual skills in English and Spanish. Knowledge of Zoom and Etrieve.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Expected Pay Range: $19.23 - $21.19 per hour
The above pay range reflects what Pepperdine University reasonably expects to pay for this position at time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on relevant factors such as work experience, market conditions, education/training, and skill level. In addition to base pay, Pepperdine offers a robust and highly competitive benefits package.
Pepperdine is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend