Financial Operations Assistant
Job no: 511951
Work type: Hourly Wage/Part-Time
Senior management: College of Science
Department: School of Neuroscience
Location: Blacksburg Area
Categories: Business / Accounting / Finance
The primary responsibility of the Financial Operations Assistant is to provide administrative fiscal support to the Business Manager for the Finance Office in the School of Neuroscience. The essential duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Communication Assistance: serve as the first point contact for the School’s financial area, triaging basic operational questions from vendors, lab groups, and various departments on campus to support daily business operations;
- Assist the Business Manager in the area of daily operations including, but not limited to, procurement of office supplies, business cards, general lab support, receivers, dissemination of information regarding policy and procedures, organization of various reconciliation processes, and coordination of financial responsibilities for events and travel payments;
- Responsible for date stamping and scanning all documents, e-filing, logging entries, maintenance of tracking logs, and assisting with the business operations record management process;
- Pre-inspect and log financial documents in the areas of Accounts Payable, Receivable, and all reimbursements to determine if additional documentation is required.
- Associate Degree or significant related work experience;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task with efficiency and accuracy;
- Excellent attention to detail with high standards for quality of work;
- Proven proficiency using Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Google Suite;
- Demonstrated Fiscal and/or Admin assistant experience in a high volume
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Experience with Hokie Mart, Banner, and Travel Expense Management;
- Proven experience with Governmental Policy in the area of travel and general accounting;
- Event Planning;
- Progressive financial administrative experience.
Budgeted $17.00 - $19.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
Review of applications is ongoing and will continue until filled.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend