Graduate Enrollment Coordinator/Academic Advisor
Job no: 514146
Work type: Staff
Senior management: Architecture & Urban Studies
Department: School for Pub & International Aff
Location: Greater Washington, D.C., Metro Area
Categories: Academic Advising / Support, Architecture / Construction / Planning
The Graduate Enrollment Coordinator for Virginia Tech’s School of Public and International Affairs (SPIA) Programs is responsible for providing information and support for students seeking graduate education primarily in the Washington Metro Region and Richmond Campus. This position serves as a liaison between students, faculty, and university departments that provide student support services. The Graduate Enrollment Coordinator is a key member of the SPIA student support staff and reports primarily to the school director.
● Bachelor's degree required.
● A minimum of three years of experience in customer service, admissions, or other related experience.
● Ability to learn quickly and work in a sometimes remote environment with limited supervision.
● Excellent relationship building, communication and phone presentation skills.
● Superior problem-solving, time management and organizational skills.
● Solutions oriented ability with a strong and demonstrated ability to complete processes.
● Positive attitude and strong work ethic in a diverse educational setting.
● Ability to adapt to changing assignments, environments and multiple priorities.
● Strong proficiency in using multiple software programs simultaneously including MS Office
programs with emphasis on Excel and Word, and G-Suite programs.
●Comprehensive understanding of university policies and procedures as they relate to graduate
studies and/or graduate admissions.
● Previous college or university experience in student support and/or marketing/outreach.
● Experience with learning management systems such as Canvas, Blackboard, Slate, etc.
● Experience with oracle software (Banner)
● Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (for marketing materials)
● Experience with learning support systems such as ZOOM, Webex, etc.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Roslyn Garrison at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend