Distance Learning Technician
Job no: 517298
Work type: Hourly Wage/Part-Time
Senior management: Vice President-Info Technology
Location: Telework Eligible
Categories: Information Systems / Technology
The Distance Learning Technician provides first level technical and operational support for statewide videoconference network and electronic classrooms in the production of distance learning programs. Diagnose and facilitate/solve connection failures, audio/video failures, and other problems related to equipment malfunction at the terminal level.
- Effective working knowledge of distance learning technologies, computer competencies and / or video production techniques to support the distance learning classrooms.
- Ability to work independently under pressure and meet firm deadlines.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to independently research and resolve basic technical issues.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Degree in Computer Science, Communications or Educational Technologies with emphasis on media production, distance learning, or the equivalent in training/experience.
- Experience providing technical and operational support for interactive video conferencing.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check as well as documentation of COVID-19 vaccination.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Travis DeGrandi at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend