QA QC Representative I
Apply now Back to search results
Job no: 521237
Work type: Administrative & Professional
Senior management: VP Campus Planning and Facilities
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
Categories: Business / Accounting / Finance, Architecture / Construction / Planning, Other
Reporting to the Director of Renovations, will provide daily inspections for quality assurance of non- capital construction projects. Responsibilities include daily reports, coordination with contractors for quality control/quality assurance, tracking customer satisfaction and update throughout the construction process and close out. The position will ensure design compliance during project construction for multiple concurrent construction projects, and that projects are constructed according to the approved drawings from construction implementation through post-construction. In addition, the position will monitor the design and construction of projects for general conformance with the programs as defined by the University, the requirements of the "Construction and Professional Services Manual for Agencies," building and life safety codes, and with internal Virginia Tech design guidelines.
The QA/QC Rep-I will also:
Apply professional design and construction knowledge to lead, direct, and monitor assigned projects through design/construction with direct communication to the Project Managers assigned to the projects. Send, track, review and provide feedback to the Director of Renovations on customer satisfaction
Assist with monitoring contractors/work that has been identified as requiring additional assistance to maintain project schedule, quality and safety.
The QA/QC-I may also be the primary point of contact to manage small projects under the supervision of the Supervisory Project Manager (SPM)/Project Manager (PM).
* Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Technology or related field and/or training
and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree.
* Experience with design and construction, including all types of building construction methods.
* Proven success in managing multiple, concurrent projects with respect to technical, professional, and fiscal issues.
* Demonstrated conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
* Working knowledge of construction site safety and VOSHA/OSHA Standards
* Working knowledge of site/building design with a basic emphasis on construction processes and inspections.
* Working knowledge of most Microsoft computer based programs as well as blue beam and/or a pdf writer.
* Ability to provide recommendations and construction oversight with excellent communication skills.
* Ability to interpret design/construction documents, drawings, schedules, building codes, and construction means and methods.
* Experience managing "state-owned" projects with knowledge of higher education facilities requirements.
* Knowledge of scheduling software (AssetWorks, MS Project, Suretrak, Primavera, etc.) and Microsoft Office programs.
* Experience with Commonwealth of Virginia Construction and Professional Services Manual (CPSM) processes and policies.
* Understanding of Erosion and Sediment Control measures and installation practices with basic emphasis on compliance inspections, reporting, and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan monitoring.
Work is performed at construction sites and in an office setting.
Must be able to travel to construction sites and traverse uneven terrain.
Outdoor site inspection is required which may include site visits during all types of weather conditions. Ability to safely and frequently move and handle heavy objects weighing 50 pounds or more; maneuver materials up and down stairs; ability to climb and work from elevated workstations such as ladders and scaffolds; and work for long periods of time standing, walking, reaching, bending, pushing/pulling.
Must be able to perform repetitive motion primarily through the use of keyboarding. Must have an acceptable and safe driving record.
Must have a driver's license check.
May be required to work additional hours or modified work schedule to meet the needs of the department or projects.
May be required to travel to non-Blacksburg work sites with overnight stay required. As needed, may be required to be on construction sites during off hours.
This position meets the criteria for issuance of a mobile communication device (such as cellphone, Ipad, etc.). Devices issued are the responsibility of the employee and are to be returned in satisfactory condition upon separation of employment. Devices are to be used according to supervisor instruction and according to relevant policies.
Must complete OSHA 30 training within 6 months of employment.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend