Production Tech Part-Time Moss
Apply now Back to search results
Job no: 524446
Work type: Hourly Wage/Part-Time
Senior management: Executive VP & Provost
Department: Center for the Arts at VT
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
Categories: Recreation / Event
Part-Time Production Technicians perform a variety of behind the scenes work to assist with live productions at the Moss Arts Center. Tasks may include assisting staff technicians with lighting and sound setup, assisting with scenery, and occasionally assisting performers. Positions require evening and weekend availability and punctuality. Previous theatrical experience and experience with safety protocols for stage, shop, and catwalk work are preferred.
Responsibilities may include:
- Move materials and supplies.
- Assist incoming performance groups.
- Assist with road company lighting and sound equipment and scenery.
- Assist with motorized rigging.
- Assist with setup of Moss Arts Center lighting and sound equipment and post-use teardown.
- Clean stages, storage, and other work areas.
- Perform cleaning and light duty maintenance of stage, lighting, sound, and related equipment.
- Perform light duty carpentry and painting.
- Launder and press performer costumes and wardrobe.
- Operate control consoles for lighting, audio, and video systems.
- Operate "fly" system for raising and lowering scenery, lighting, etc.
- Operate motorized systems.
- Perform non-operator tasks during the run of a show, including moving scenery and microphones, assisting with wardrobe, etc.
- Assist with intermission changeovers and stage resets.
Experience in a maintenance or laborer environment.
Experience working as part of a team.
Proven record of punctuality.
Willingness and ability to work evening and weekend hours.
Strong communication skills.
Performing arts production services experience, including safe practices.
Experience in a technical skill area related to performing arts production.
Applications reviewed as received
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Toni Cartee at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend