Are you ready to Chase the Sun by pursuing a career with Suncorp New Zealand? As part of one of Australia’s and New Zealand’s leading financial services groups, you’ll help us live our Purpose every day – to build futures and protect what matters – for our customers, our communities and each other. And you’ll be supported to grow your own future further too, backed by a culture of continuous improvement, empowerment and flexibility.
Chasing the sun means pursuing your passions, fulfilling your potential and getting that much closer to the future that’s just beyond the horizon. If that’s a future you want to see, then your time in the sun starts here.
You will be part of a high-performing and motivated Technology and Transformation team. This position is key to uplift the delivery capability using Agile values, principles and practices for the planning and execution of business value.
- Coach and develop all levels of staff on how to implement and sustain Agile values, principles and practices.
- Influence and coach leaders in the development of a team culture that supports team engagement and high performance.
- Coach & Facilitate teams and/or Agile Release Trains to improve removal of delivery impediments for successful business value delivery and keep work transparent.
- Support internal Agile Guilds.
- Demonstrate a high level of strategic and tactical business acumen, and industry knowledge, to facilitate solution development taking into account expertise in Agile and other related disciplines.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Management or Business IT or Project Management qualifications
- 5+ years of experience working in Agile or other related disciplines
- 10+ years in Information Technology
- 2+ years leading and managing Software/IT Projects/Teams using Agile
- Sound understanding of Lean principles in particular Lean Software Development practices
- Strong relationship management skills; ability to communicate well with diverse stakeholder groups
- Able to translate strategic issues and goals into aligned tactical tasks
- A proven track record in leading and/or coaching high performing teams
About Suncorp NZ
We’re proud to be a part of the Suncorp Group family alongside some of Australia and New Zealand’s most trusted names in insurance – working together to bring about faster, simpler and better outcomes for our customers and corporate partners. Our commitment to strong, supportive partnerships extends to our people as well, and the opportunities and support we provide to help you thrive in your career with us. And with a shared customer-obsession and the digital capabilities to make a genuine difference, you’ll see the meaningful impact you can make for our customers and communities, while watching your own career shine too.
What we also offer:
- Free life, salary continuance and trauma insurance cover
- Discounts on Asteron Life, Vero, Southern Cross medical insurance
- Flexible leave of up to four days per year in addition to annual leave
- Positive, inclusive team environment where we welcome individuality and celebrate diversity
- Flexible work arrangements embracing a healthy work/life balance
- $250 annually for gym membership or hobbies
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Opportunity to join the employee share plan
If this role sounds like the challenge you have been looking for, apply online today!
Back to search results
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time