Permanent role – Flexible Location Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne
About the role:
Reporting to the Digital Experience Manager, the Senior UX Designer is a key role responsible for driving and progressing Suncorp’s digital experiences across our insurance brands with particular focus on native mobile apps.
The role often sets and communicates the strategic design direction, whilst supporting and guiding other UX designers throughout design/feature deliverables. They will set and refine the approach, plan which design methodology to use and present and manage stakeholder communications. Specifically, the Senior UX designer will
- Lead the communication of design approach with product delivery teams, whilst being a central contact point for wider stakeholder groups.
- Set and manage prioritisation and design tasks for App
- Coach and mentor other designers on best native App UX design (Android & IOS).
- Encourage stakeholders to understand and maintain good human centred design practices
- Evolve the teams WoW design approach and methodologies.
- Set App team priorities, report on BAU/project/initiative status and coordinate overall resource management. (With management support).
- Actively report and present design showcase activities
What you’ll do:
Working closely with other UX designers, this role will bring your native App design knowledge to take our digital capability to the next level for our customers. We are seeking individuals who enjoy solving business and customer challenges whilst working collaboratively with a wider group of stakeholders including product owners, content production, research, SEO and technical (dev) teams.
Although working predomately in App domain, being able to understand and accommodate for our web, sales and service channels will be required, so the transitions between such environments and the Apps are as seamless as possible. An understanding of working with and applying component design thinking (design systems) is also beneficial, as Suncorp’s environments are embedded in this approach.
Your design portfolio should reflect solid native app design examples (IOS & Android) and detailed UI delivery skills.
Senior UX Designer profile:
A Senior UX Designer will exhibit the following behaviours and attributes
- Problem solving - Drive new design solutions, efficiently and effectively. Confidently share this knowledge/rationale with both fellow UX designers and wider stakeholders.
- Personable – Confident & approachable interpersonal skills, collaborative approaches to design, customer, and business challenges, and importantly be mindful of receiving feedback as well.
- Deliverables – Design a range of solutions and optimisation recommendations from initial inception & problem definition stage (with both business & technical stakeholders) to final designs for development teams (UI).
- Research – Suggest direction on customer insight gathering and user testing. Either running or overseeing such research activities.
- Stakeholders – Present design concepts and justify why such design solutions are preferable from both a design, customer & business perspective. Influence stakeholders of best practice and evidence-based design solutions. Be customer centric.
- Design Systems – Understand the benefits of using design systems and native mobile frameworks (iOS & Android). Be comfortable working within such frames works whilst also advocating potential areas for renewal.
- Workflow – An understanding of design process workflow and be able to recognise design tasks at appropriate stage.
- Leading – As a key stakeholder contact point, the Senior UX designer will assist the design team to deliver better quality design at scale.
- Collaboration – Work and be involved with other teams such as Product owners, Designers, Content production, SEO and Developers whom all have a part to play in delivering compelling digital experiences for our customers.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong knowledge of native mobile (App) and responsive web, including and emerging mobile experience trends, with keen eye for detail and usability/accessibility standards.
- Ability to initially map out or oversee user experiences/features (wire flows), then progress to full fidelity native UI prototypes for product and development teams.
- Strong knowledge of online form design and usability, including best practice UI interaction for web and mobile. (Ability to distil complex information and contextualising it for users)
- Understanding of lean research testing methods.
- Understand the thinking, principles, and benefits of Component Design Systems (multi-brand/themed libraries preferable).
- 6+ years’ experience as a UX designer
- Can clearly show an applied understanding of UX methodologies including (but not limited to) HCD, User research, Interaction & Interface Design, Information Architecture and Journey/Task mapping. Workshop facilitation would also be an advantage.
- Highly proficient in use of Figma (UI components / prototyping). Understanding of Abstract (controlled hub for your design files) and Zeplin (design handover for development) would be advantage.
- Ability to balance design experiences that enable features so customers can get “jobs done” whilst aligning with commercial business goals.
- Familiar with iOS (Human Interface Guidelines) and Android (Material design)
What we can offer you:
- Discounts and offers on a range of retail favourite stores as well as banking and insurance products.
- A range of flexible working and leave options, including 16 weeks paid parental leave and unlimited paid emergency response leave.
- Invest in your brighter future with ongoing study support and career development programs.
- Give back to our communities with payroll giving, donation matching and paid volunteer leave.
- Prioritise your work/life balance with our robust employee assistance program and dedicated employee council.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all our new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Back to search results
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time