Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has been providing total mining solutions at Gunung Bara Utama (GBU) Coal Mine Project in the West Kutai region, East Kalimantan Indonesia.
About the role
The Deputy Manager Mining will assist Mining Manager to co-ordinate all mining superintendent and all supervisors in the workplace while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Manager Mining and based on site on a 28/14 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and result.
Some of your duties will include:
- Assist Mining Manager to co-ordinate all mining superintendent and All supervisors in the workplace of the removal of overburden/inter burden in a safe, effective manner on time and within budget in a designated area
- Ensure the selection of projects that match objectives of Business Plan by ensuring risks in tender and contract conditions are recognised and accounted for.
- Plan, direct, monitor and reconcile the technical aspect of the mining operations including daily, short to long term (annual) plans, operational performance, blast design and sequencing, rehabilitation, drainage and road design, to assist in achieving agreed coal production targets.
- Familiar with the current Mine Plan and future deployment of equipment within area of responsibility.
- Check daily production figures and use them to address the problem areas.
- Minimize coal losses and dilution when removing inter burden to maximize the reverse
- Ensure ROM areas are maintained with good drainage and minimize contamination during loading.
- Analyse and review the system, procedures and equipment utilised within the mine and recommend improvements to enhance coal production.
- Maintain team performance.
- Provide regular feedback and mentor the growth and development of direct reports.
- Involve in annual assessment process and proactively seek for development plans.
- Ensure development plan is available for team members so that they keep up with required skills & competencies for current and future roles.
- Builds coaching and mentoring process to sped development of future leaders.
- Monitors team or area performance and keeps people informed of progress to ensure delivery against objectives.
- Manage workplace conflict
- Identify the views of other business areas or teams to ensure a broad perspective is gained.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Graduate from Tertiary Degree in Mine Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years previous experience in a similar role experience in large open cut mining operation of which at least one or two years in production/service supervision/ management role.
- Comprehensive knowledge in mining equipments.
- Has certified in “Madya” Certification.
- Computer literacy.
- Financial reporting & concepts
- OHS&E requirements Legislative and statutory requirements
- Technical expertise
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognize the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on December 7th, 2020
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.