Make your mark with Thiess
Every day, all around the world, Thiess supports and celebrates our people. We recognise talent and reward transparency. We champion diversity and embrace change.
Join us. Hone your skills and develop new ones, take on big challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration, and empowerment.
Thiess is the place to make things happen.
We are seeking an experienced Superintendent, Drill and Blast to control blasting operations on-site and be responsible for the coordination of drilling, activities at Pembroke Resource’s new project in the Bowen Basin - the Olive Downs Complex.
Pembroke Resource’s Olive Downs Complex is a greenfield project located 40 kilometres south-east of Moranbah which commenced mining operations mid-2023. Thiess has been awarded a five-year contract to deliver full service mining operations, including mine planning overburden removal, drill and blast, load and haul (Autonomous), water management and rehabilitation as well as construction of the mine infrastructure.
About the role
Working a 5/2, 4/3 day shift only roster reporting to the Mining Manager, your duties will include:
- Provide technical advice/expertise on drill & blast operations
- Design and execute blast design and site services plans
- Ensure that the project drill and blast contract requirements are clearly understood and executed
- Ensuring that drilling and blasting production targets are met and efficiencies maximised
- Coordination of pit dewatering and delineation activities
- Effective leadership, training, and development of crew
- Ensure all statutory and company safety compliance is maintained, hazards identified and risk mitigated
- Ensure all reporting is completed accurately and in a timely manner
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a new workforce that is focused on developing a strong performance culture and a culture that values everyone’s contribution equally. You will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
As a successful applicant, you’ll be a high-achieving team-focused individual who enjoys delivering results in a dynamic environment. Your exceptional relationship-building skills coupled with your ability to engage and collaborate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders will also ensure your success in this role.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- A strong working knowledge of drill and blast safety procedures and regulations
- Demonstrated ability in product selection and cost management
- Team management experience at the Superintendent level, including a talent for building a high-performing culture - desirable
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain influential relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- QLD Shotfirers ticket - desirable
- Coal mining experience
What Thiess can do for you
- Permanent full-time position
- Thiess’ commitment to ongoing training & development as part of delivering a modern autonomous mine
- Health & well-being rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary sacrifice options – flights and novated leasing
- Individual flexibility arrangements on offer - (Live Local, FIFO or DIDO)
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
Thiess works with clients in Australia, Asia, and the Americas in the dynamic field of open-cut and underground mining.
The pioneering spirit of our founders – the legendary Thiess brothers – is our legacy and inspires our vision to harness the power of people and technology to drive sustainable change.
At Thiess, you will have the opportunity to play a part in the global energy transition. We are growing our commodities portfolio to include metals and minerals critical to the energy transition and developing services to enable sustainable mining.
We’re creating a culture of curiosity, knowledge-sharing, and continuous learning – supporting our people to contribute to Thiess’ success and continued growth in sustainable mining.
We’ll support you to hone your skills and develop new ones, take on challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration, and empowerment. We offer our people ongoing technical training and development opportunities so they can reach their full potential. We also invest in the workforce of the future, with a range of programs for people starting their careers.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to enable our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included, and empowered.
Learn more http://thiess.com/makeyourmark
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity, please contact us at email@example.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
Thiess follows a Pre-Employment Process for all successful applicants, which includes two employment references, a National Police Check and a medical assessment. These checks are essential to your application, and your recruiter will support you through the process.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.
The Strong & Sustainable Resource Communities Act 2017 principles apply to this position.