Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Since October 2008, Thiess Indonesia has been operating for the development and operation of a coal mine located near Melak in East Kalimantan and owned by the Bayan Resources Group.
About the role
The Senior Supervisor Mechanic (Major Auxilary) provides the implementation of mechanical inspection requirement while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Superintendent Plant and based on Melak Coal Mine Project on a 4/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include;
- Ensure that the maintenance department goals are achieved
- Ensure work safely and follow all work place safety procedures
- Organize subordinate for job execution as per plan & supervisor direction
- Ensure daily job execution is followed as per supervisor or superintendent instruction
- Perform scheduled & unscheduled mechanical job
- Ensure all jobs are reported to Info mine for input into OCDC and monitoring of machine status
- Initiative asking about job to supervisor, communicate to supervisor or inspector for daily basis
- Prepare paper work related to daily work execution (area inspection, PRF, safety target etc.)
- Analyse faults and repairs to the machine; Work towards minimizing DOOD and equipment down time
- Ensure all mechanical inspections and failure reports are carried out correctly
- Ensure all parts are ordered correctly and followed up accordingly
- Maintain good communication between mechanics, leading hands and supervisors
- Ensure all defect are carried out and close all WO's open if all job has been done
- Make hand over job clearly to shift Leading hand or supervisor
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum Senior High School, Mechanical Engineer or Mechanical Trade Specialist is preferred; requires a minimum 8 years' professional experience in similar role as Supervisor Mechanic with relevant qualification in Mechanical & Auto Electrical Auxiliary Repair and Plant Supervision in mining industry, planning of daily shut down schedule and breakdown repair; mechanical & auto electrical repair experience in Medium Truck (Scania, Iveco, etc) and other Heavy Equipment products, such as Liebherr, Caterpillar, Komatsu, Hitach; Lifting equipments i.e. Crane Tadano, patria fork lift, Manitou, and 988 Cat Loader with tyre handler; Familiar with Welding and Tyre activity in Heavy Equipment industry;
- Good leadership and people management skills preferably with training in staff supervision; have ability in resource planning and OHS&E supervision; excellent interpersonal and communication skills for both oral and written in English; able to work under pressure are preferred character traits;
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 25 August 2019.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.