Senior Quality Advisor | Monash Freeway Upgrade
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Melbourne
- Safety / Health / Environment / Quality
- Applications close
- AUS Eastern Daylight Time
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
About the Project
The Monash Freeway is in Melbourne’s fast growing south east and outer south-east region and the $761M design and construct project will expand the Monash from eight to 10 lanes slashing nearly ten minutes off the morning peak hour commute and better connect the Monash to Eastlink.
Works include the addition of 36 kilometres of new lanes to the Monash Freeway, upgrading the Beaconsfield interchange with new freeway ramps, the extension and widening of O’Shea Road and the roll out of the Freeway Lane Management System to better manage traffic flows.
Construction is scheduled to start in early 2020 and be completed in 2022.
The Monash Freeway Upgrade is committed to maximising the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our people
- Leaders championing and supporting our people to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote from within and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
We are currently seeking applications for the position of Senior Quality Advisor to drive and facilitate all project quality assurance requirements and to ensure quality objectives are achieved through planned and controlled work processes.
As Senior Quality Advisor, you will be accountable for:
- Assist project team(s) to develop and implement work package management plans, procedures and forms
- Develop and manage construction methodology documentation schedule
- Establishment and maintain the construction lot management system
- Establish and maintain a mobility ‘in field’ quality control system
- Assist in careful selection of subcontractors and confirmation that their work complies
- Undertake pre-commencement audits of supplier or subcontractor quality documentation during the procurement phase
- Ensure planned inspection and testing (including identification and traceability) are carried out to verify that the work processes are effective and that all finished work is of industry best practice
- Ensure that nonconforming items are rectified or addressed through Non-conformance Reports (NCRs) taking into account durability, operations & maintenance, safety and environment aspects;
- Ensure all works is defect free and handover documentation is successfully completed within the contractual timeframes;
- Perform audits and surveillance of project activities, as necessary, to ensure the quality of service, product, and workmanship meets the requirements of the project and ensure all actions are closed out within a timely and efficient manner;
- Assist with the preparing and communication quality systems and product training
- Improve procedures and work practices when opportunities are identified to minimise errors, waste and product nonconformities
Requirements for this role are:
- Tertiary Degree qualified in Engineering, Construction, Building Sciences, Architecture or Project Management or equivalent experience
- 10+ years Postgraduate Engineering or Construction Management experience
- Awareness of relevant Australian and International standards, both technical and those related to management systems
- Lead Quality Auditor and ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
- Good understanding of project lift cycles and project management methodologies
- Experience in providing mentoring and guidance to Engineers
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
How to apply
- Applications close
- AUS Eastern Daylight Time