- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Melbourne
- Safety / Health / Environment / Quality
Support and monitor the implementation of project environment programs to ensure adherence with relevant environmental legislation, regulations, contractual obligations.
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne;
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
As the Environment coordinator your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Support the implementation and ongoing management of project environmental management systems.
- Support the communication of environment matters to management and project staff.
- Support the communication of environment matters to management and project staff
- Support the maintenance of comprehensive environmental records
- Undertake and coordinate monitoring activities of dust, noise, vibration, groundwater, surface water
- Review Construction Packages and Construction Procedures to ensure relevant Environmental Requirements are detailed
- Develop WEMPs
- Conduct site environmental inspections and track the implementation of corrective actions
- Deliver toolbox talks and internal environmental training to site personnel
- Respond and report environmental incidents
To be successful in this position you will need the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor Degrees in Environmental Engineering, Science, Sustainability or other associated disciplines
- Certificate IV in Environment
- Construction environment management (1+ years)
- Knowledge of compliance and reporting procedures and processes
- Knowledge of environmental management techniques and tools
- Reporting, auditing and risk management procedures and processes
- Reporting environmental performance, compliance, defects and non-compliance
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognises effort and contribution.
If you are interested in these roles and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.