Project Engineer- Civil
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Sydney
- Engineering - Other, CPB Contractors
Systems Connect (an unincorporated Joint Venture between CPB Contractors and UGL Engineering) is delivering the Line-wide Works (LW Works) package Sydney Metro City & Southwest (SMCSW) project, which will extend Sydney Metro Northwest to the CBD and beyond to Bankstown. SMCSW is being delivered through a suite of contracts for the tunnels, stations, line-wide infrastructure and systems.
We have positions available for Project Engineers to support the tunnel team with Civil work within the Northern section of the project. You will be responsible for managing the effective coordination of design, procurement and construction for various civil packages to ensure safety, time, cost and environmental objectives are achieved. We are interested in your previous project delivery experience on large-scale building projects.
About the Role
- Contributing to a culture of 'Safety & Health above all else
- Liaising with construction teams across the project as well as subcontractors to deliver works in accordance with project specifications and in accordance with set production and schedule targets
- Development and management of daily cost reporting
- Managing the procurement of materials which meet project specifications and program timeframes
- Day to day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the work of subcontractors;
- Monitoring key project requirements and implementing prompt corrective action if required, to ensure they are achieved in line with agreed specifications
- Ensuring that relevant stakeholders requirements are met by building and maintaining productive internal and external relationships
You want to be part of something bigger, whatever the challenge you see it as the chance to create value. Ideally you will have
- Relevant qualifications including experience in large scale infrastructure, preferably tunnels, rail or building
- Ability to implement safe work systems & environmental controls.
- Proven commercial acumen
- Ability to collaborate as part of a supportive high-performing team
- Experience in procurement to ensure deliveries meet construction schedule requirements.
- Excellent communication skills with strong attention to detail
What we offer
- The chance to join the CIMIC Group, one of the world's leading international contractors
- Pathways for you to succeed and the space for you to carve your own journey
- Competitive group remuneration and benefits including: health and wellbeing program with company-funded salary continuance insurance
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through Systems Connect directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies