Senior Project Engineer
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Melbourne
- Engineering - Other
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne; and
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
About the Role
As the Senior Project Engineer, you will be responsible for coordinating on-site engineering functions to achieve time and budget objectives and provide efficient support for construction activities. You will also use your experience to be accountable the execution of ITS gantry structures, and on road electrical infrastructure throughout the East and West zones of our project for:
- Leading the delivery of discrete packages of work, while coordinating with the wider team
- Mid and short-term planning and productivity monitoring of works and scheduling of resources
- Delivering cost forecasting and reporting
- Procuring Materials and Subcontractors
- Supporting and fulfilling all required Safety, Environmental, and other Regulatory obligations
- Leading, managing, and supporting other Engineers
You will be an experienced Structures Senior Project Engineer and will bring with you:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and / or relevant experience e.g. Engineering – Civil/Structural/Mechanical
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proven experience in successfully delivering large work packages
- Ability to effectively manage budgets, systems, and stakeholders to achieve an exceptional outcome.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.