Development Team Leader
Job no: 501869
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Software Engineers, All Leadership/Management
Our people are at the core of our business. We have the best talent doing the best work of their lives with meaning. We know their continuous focus on the guest experience is what sets us apart in our vision to be the world’s most rewarding travel experience.
Taking off is where the excitement lives. Join our team today.
About the role:
As a Development Lead in Virgin Australia, you will be responsible for supporting, challenging and growing a team of Software Engineers to deliver on the demands of the business. You will ensure that your delivery team represents technology and fosters a strong engineering culture across Virgin Australia.
You will spend part of your time on the applications, but your focus will be around building up the expertise in your team and developing your team members. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Participate in discussions about software architecture
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, on board and retain diverse top talent
- Work closely with delivery teams, management and other stakeholders to ensure we deliver world-class features & capabilities for our customers
- Advocate and advance modern software development practices in teams
- Help develop and evangelize great engineering and organisational practices
- Collaborate with other managers in leading the organisation
Who you are:
A People Leader. You have a passion for inspiring teams to deliver in complex work environments and care about seeing your team develop and grow
A Knowledge Sharer. You are enthusiastic about transferring your knowledge to others, coaching team members and assisting with their personal development
Innovative. You are open to new ideas. You keep your knowledge up to date with new techniques and technologies and are keen to apply what you learn to your software development practice.
A people person. You collaborate and engage with the internal and external stakeholders, understanding relationships are key.
What you’ll need:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better experience for our staff and customers.
- Experience leading, coaching and mentoring software development teams and working together to deliver stable software of high quality
- A background fostering a strong engineering culture in an Agile and DevOps environment.
What you’ll get from us:
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you?! And why wouldn’t you with these benefits:
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
- Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
If you have experience leading, coaching and mentoring software development teams and have a passion for technology we want to hear from you.
Advertised : E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close : E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now