We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for a challenge.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and our award-winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role:
You will play a key role in ensuring all accounting related functions are maintained to a high level and with exceptional accuracy. This role will largely be focused around accounting entries, audit processes and balance sheet reconciliation.
We are ideally seeking someone who has strong knowledge of financial accounting principles and practices. In this position you will be responsible for providing timely and accurate information and analysis along with assisting key stakeholders with meeting their objectives. You will also have strong problem solving and organisational skills along with effective communication and a resilient diligent nature.
What you’ll need:
Ideally you will come with:
- Degree Qualification in either Business or Finance
- Accounting experience completing month-end accounting procedures
- Experience with reconciliations and working in a high volume low value transaction environment
- A demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and work with minimum supervision
- A high level of computer literacy including intermediate to advanced MS Excel
Although not a requirement it will be an advantage to have:
- Oracle general ledger knowledge and exposure to a multicurrency environment
- Ticketing Airline or payments system experience
- Commenced/completed CA or CPA Qualifications
- Experience with MS PowerQuery or SQL query writing
This is an excellent entry level opportunity in our finance team and if this sounds like something you would like to be a part of then we invite you to apply now!