Our people are at the core of our business. We have the best talent doing the best work of their lives with meaning. We know their continuous focus on the guest experience is what sets us apart in our vision to be the world’s most rewarding travel experience.
We’re taking the next step in our digital evolution so this is an opportunity for your career to really take off!
About the role
Virgin Australia is searching for a Product Coordinator - Ancillary Revenue to join the Direct Sales & Digital Experience Team on a 12 month contract. Initially, this role will support the delivery of best customer experience of the Economy X product. Reporting to the Product Specialist, you'll help to identify opportunities, deliver initiatives and optimise the customer journey in order to drive ancillary revenue growth. As a primarily digital role, the position will have access to data that will require analysis and interpretation to understand product performance. The role works collaboratively to test, investigate, and resolve booking and operational issues and processes, as well as to prepare presentations, reports and provide general administrative assistance.
- Analyse product types and markets to formulate optimal selling proposition
- Optimise online transaction paths for ancillary travel product and services
- Report and recommend ways to increase conversion
- Work through digital marketing campaigns to drive revenue
Who you are
We’re looking for a true Virgin Person to join the family! You’ll share our values of Heart, Spirit, Innovation and Collaboration. You’ll show resilience, adaptability and a commitment to helping out the team wherever you can. You’ll be relied on to communicate complex thoughts and ideas clearly and engage with a wide audience of internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum 2-3 years in a Product Coordinator, Business Analysis and/or Revenue Management role (preferably in a technology, or e-commerce environment).
- Strong background in developing and optimising planning systems, processes and tools
- An understanding of ancillary revenue
- Experience with working in Excel (pivot tables, data manipulation, charts) and other online booking/reporting systems
- Understanding of direct and digital marketing channel processes
Professional experience in the Australian airline and / or travel industry, along with a knowledge of GDS bookings systems, in particular Sabre would be advantageous.
This role is key to improving Virgin Australia’s digital and direct sales value proposition for Ancillary travel products leading to extensive revenue growth for the airline. Are you up for the challenge?