About Virgin Australia
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer.
The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates and premium leisure travellers and holiday makers.
Senior Business Partner – Operations - Melbourne
In this role, you will partner with key business managers in the operations division to create a high performing and collaborative culture and deliver the business plan and strategy through by planning, championing and execution of people initiatives, in a sustainable manner.
You will also be responsible for providing a leading edge consulting and advisory services on all aspects of human resources, employee relations, workplace relations and organisational development.
You will work with a Team located across Australia and report to the Manager, Business Partnering – Operations, who reports directly to the Chief People Officer.
- Support the development of client group specific people plans to assist the business in developing culture, capability and a highly engaged and effective workforce to achieve business success.
- Partner with managers of the business to implement their people plans in a pragmatic, cost effective, efficient and sustainable way and enable them to deliver on their strategy.
- Proactively and critically assess the needs of the business and make recommendations to enhance service delivery.
- Work with the Capability and Culture team to implement projects and annual HR programs in client group, aligned to the business unit/divisional business and people plans.
- Participate in or lead cross functional projects.
- Develop effective and influencing working relationships across all levels of management and with employee representatives and unions.
- Support the negotiation and implementation of enterprise agreements.
- Investigating EEO Complaints and investigating serious misconduct/disciplinary matters
- Provide coaching and advice to management in relations to conducting employee disciplinary processes.
- Represent the business during Fair Work Commission and Unfair Dismissal Applications – including preparing responses and advocating at conciliation conferences.
- Ensure accurate and robust documentation of employee matters, including use of tools such as the people case management tool.
- Provide training to the business on EEO and managing disciplinary investigations.
- Reviewing and updating people policies.
- Establish effective internal and external relationships (with colleagues, management teams, clients, service providers and professional bodies) to facilitate the achievement of business goals.
What you need to be successful:
- Graduate or Post Graduate degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Strong understanding of HR/ER/IR regulatory and compliance issues.
- Sound knowledge of employee relations practices, workplace relations and industrial relations issues.
- 5+ years HR leadership/experience, working in a fast-paced organisation.
- Experience in the development & implementation of policies and systems around people management and leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and application of People systems.
- Experience in leading or supporting the implementation of organisational change.
- Advocacy experience and appearance in tribunals such as the Fair Work Commission.
- Experience in supporting enterprise bargaining negotiations and implementation of enterprise agreements.
- Presentation skills, with experience in developing and delivering sessions to groups.
- Experience in the aviation industry is desirable but not essential.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
Register your interest today by submitting an application via the link.
Virgin Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive culture and supportive environment for our people.