2021 is an exciting time for Virgin Australia as our tourism industry begins to recover from the impact of COVID-19. The Group took flight under new ownership last year, with a renewed sense of identity and focus on its mid-market heartland. We are ramping up our flying schedule as border restrictions ease, refreshing our offering to our core customers, and continuing to deliver the uniquely Virgin customer experience Australians know and love.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience. The Group recently appointed several new faces to its Executive Leadership Team, all with a proven track record and deep experience in aviation or consumer-focused businesses. We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
The Network Planning team is responsible for the planning and design of the Virgin Australia Group route network – we look at where we fly to, when we fly and how often we fly there. The team monitors route performance across all market segments in accordance with the overall network strategy. Our objective is to provide a strong route network and schedule that makes us first choice for our heartland customers and drives profit by optimizing capacity around demand, focusing on cost productivity and operational robustness.
The objective of the Network Planning Analyst is to support the development of Virgin Australia’s network through:
• Undertaking analysis of new and existing markets;
• Monitoring and analysing competitor activity;
• Reviewing Virgin Australia and Alliance partner schedules to enhance network development and connectivity; and
• Performing other ad-hoc analysis that informs decisions on fleet/capacity deployment.
• Analysing historical performance of markets using Excel and other internal reports and identify opportunity for performance improvement
• Identification of incremental earning opportunities on new and existing routes and formulation of business cases
• Support the schedule design process for the seasonal schedules and budget build
• Development of reports to communicate trends and insights to internal users (e.g. Market share, capacity outlooks, segmentation, performance review, competitor activity)
• Working with key stakeholders in the Network Planning process with analysis and insights (Network Management, Revenue Management, Sales, Marketing, Government Relations)
• Data provision to external agencies
• Provide input into the development & implementation of process enhancements within Network Planning
• Provide support to rest of Network Management team, including ad-hoc charter
What we're looking for:
• Tertiary qualification in airline, economics or business disciplines
• 2 years’ experience in transport analysis or commercial/operational planning
• Strong analytical skills and a natural curiosity when approaching complex problems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to form succinct, easy to understand presentations
• Works well in a team environment and with cross-functional teams
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia. If you have the skills and experience we are looking for, apply today.