The objective of the Senior Internal Auditor Technology role is to provide high quality assurance, advisory and risk services in order to assist the Virgin Australia Group in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance practices.
Our Internal Audit team is part of our Chief Legal and Risk Office with team members predominantly based in Brisbane at HQ. The Senior Internal Auditor Technology reports into our General Manager, Internal Audit and Risk.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts.
- Develop, plan, implement and ensure audit activities are efficiently and accurately completed in line with the approved annual plan;
- Prepare reports and related documentation throughout the audit process for senior leadership teams and internal stakeholders.
- Identify findings and make recommendations addressing any issues/risks.
- Build and foster cooperative working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Provide advice and support to the business on technology, project risk management issues and sound internal controls.
- Investigate instances of fraud, theft, abuse, waste or other irregulates.
- Manage the strategy and implementation of risk and controls-based data analytics and automation that facilitate Internal Audit and Risk activities.
- Conceptualize, design, and implement Continuous Monitoring analytics for various business units.
- Produce and maintain visual dashboard reporting of results of analytical work to provide valuable insights.
To be a great fit for this role you will bring:
- Professionally qualified e.g. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) / Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) / / CPA / CA / Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Post qualification experience in a senior role in an internal audit environment
- Demonstrable track record in delivering high quality internal audit services, possess practical experience of delivering and leading audits across a range of subject matters, resulting in high quality and credible outputs
- Knowledge of key project management frameworks e.g., PMBOK, AGILE, PRINCE2
- Experience in using IA data analytics programs e.g., Caseware, IDEA, ACL
- High level attention to detail and analytical skill
- The ability to conduct IT and project reviews of significant revenue and expenditure streams, identifying risks and trends and recommending appropriate action
About Virgin Australia Group
What a great time to join Virgin Australia! With a strong market position and an outstanding leadership team, we are embarking on an exciting new chapter in our journey as we begin to recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
Since November, we have been re-designing our business for future success, ramping up flying, simplifying our organisational structure, growing our fleet, and delivering a deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues, and our wider community.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 31 March 2022 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status