Hours/Period of Appointment
Multiple permanent full time and part time, day worker and shift worker positions, working various hours per fortnight at the North West Regional Hospital and the Mersey Community Hospital.
Notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please note that subsequent appointments may be made from this process for full-time or part-time roles.
Who are we?
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Pharmacists to work as a part of the Hospital Pharmacy Department and Hospital team to provide a comprehensive, efficient and accountable pharmacy service for hospital inpatients and outpatients.
Reporting to the Senior or Supervisory Pharmacist, this role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities including, but not limited to, dispensing medications for inpatient, outpatient and discharge supply in accordance with all legal requirements, and work within the parameters of the various medication access schemes available in public hospitals.
Do you have?
- Pharmacy experience in a range of activities such as dispensing or clinical pharmacy, preferably in a hospital setting.
- An understanding of/experience in the frameworks used to guide and develop clinical pharmacy services.
- A working knowledge of the application of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.
- Knowledge of aseptic manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to assess and evaluate drug regimens and medicines information and provide tailored advice to other healthcare professionals and the patient.
What can we offer?
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary Package
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Registered with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas: a) Crimes of Violence, b) Sex Related Offences, c) Serious Drug Offences, d) Crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
Generic Pharmacist HP1-2 (January 2019) HPRNL BUTI.pdf
Generic Pharmacist HP1-2 (January 2019) HPRNL BUTI.doc
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.docx
How to apply
Online applications via ‘Apply Now’ are preferred. Click the blue ‘Apply Now’ button
If you apply Online,
- Please do not send additional paper copies of the application through the mail
- Please do not include Application for Employment form.
Submitting applications by email -
Complete the following application form and email your application to the listed contact person including the below form:
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
Application for Employment (Form 201).docx
Submitting applications by Post -
Post your application with the above application form to:
Tasmanian Health Service
Human Resources and Organisational Development
BURNIE TAS 7320
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties.
For more information
Pharmacy Support Officer
(03) 6777 6728
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au