Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist (518739)
Department of Health
Community, Mental Health & Wellbeing
CMHW - MH & Statewide Services
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||Specialist Med Pract Lvl 1|
|| Full Time
|Location:||4 Liverpool Street, Hobart|
The Tasmanian Health Service is seeking interest from suitably qualified applicants for a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist vacancy at Royal Hobart Hospital. Applicants should have a Certificate in Child Psychiatry to be considered for this role.
State-wide Mental Health Services is a leader and innovator for a unique corner of the health care industry. We provide a comprehensive suite of services across the areas of mental health, alcohol and drugs, forensic mental health and correctional primary health.
All our services work closely together to focus on delivering excellence in healthcare to achieve improved outcomes for our consumers, our workforce and the Tasmanian community.
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) provides a state-wide service for infants, children and young people up to 18 years, including the Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Service for women and their families (southern Tasmania).
A remuneration package comprising the Agreement base salary, relevant allowances and other entitlements will be negotiated with the successful applicant dependent on clinical experience and seniority.
Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 1 to Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 3 in accordance with the Salaried Medical Practitioners (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2017
- Access to the Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner salary range is subject to the successful applicant satisfying the criteria for Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner Levels 1, 2 and 3 as described in the Medical Practitioners (Public Sector) Award.
Medical Practitioners (Public Sector) Award
Period of Employment
Permanent full-time/part-time day work (with on-call), working 76 hours per fortnight.
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services, Royal Hobart Hospital
The Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist will:
- Provide a comprehensive child and adolescent community and inpatient psychiatric service in the southern region of Tasmania.
- Act as a consultant to mental health professionals and health service providers including general practitioners and other agencies regarding the assessment and management of individuals with mental health disorders.
- Undertake supervisory responsibilities with Psychiatric Registrars and other medical staff as required/appropriate.
as part of a multidisciplinary mental health service delivering high quality mental health care and, in accordance with Mental Health Services principles, National Mental Health Standards, Agency policy, legal requirements and relevant professional competencies.
- Specialist or limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia in a relevant specialty
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Supervisor’s Certificate or equivalent
- Certificate of Advanced Training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
506595, 514409a, 518739 Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist SMP1-11 (March 2021) WWCT.pdf
506595, 514409a, 518739 Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist SMP1-11 (March 2021) WWCT.doc
THS Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Applicant Guide.docx
What do I submit with my application?
Please ensure your application includes:
- A current CV
- A statement addressing the selection criteria
How do I submit my application?
Online applications are preferred as this ensures you answer important questions about yourself. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen.
You will be prompted to complete an online application form, add or upload your selection criteria responses, CV and supporting documents. Attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so ensure you have the contact details for two referees before applying.
Please do not send hard copy applications to the contact person. If you are unable to apply online, send your application with the completed application form to:
Human Resources – Recruitment
GPO Box 1061
HOBART TAS 7001
PLEASE NOTE: Applications submitted by an Agency on behalf of an applicant will not be considered at this time.
For more information contact
Dr Jason Westwater
Head of Department
Phone: (03) 6166 0588
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania.
Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
Back to search results Apply now