Chief Financial Officer (001497)
Department of Premier and Cabinet
Corporate & Culture
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||Tasmanian State Service Award - General Stream Band 8|
|Salary:||$115.968.00 to $123,856.00 per annum|
|| Permanent, flexible
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexibility. We want our workforce to reflect the diversity in our community. Ask how we can make this role flexible to suit you.
Hours per fortnight
Up to 73.5 hours - flexible options available.
- Provide the Secretary and other senior Departmental management, the Chief of Staff of the Office of the Premier and the Offices of the Opposition parties with high level strategic and specialist advice on complex financial issues. Provide consultancy support to assist them to effectively manage budgets and other financial matters within their areas of responsibility and to facilitate executive decision making.
- Lead and manage the Agencies’ Financial Management Services Branch to ensure comprehensive, effective and efficient development and implementation of designated activities.
- Lead and develop the Department’s budgets and manage the budget cycle and associated reporting processes and systems. Including both output and divisional budgets, financial statements, and other periodic reporting requirements, in accordance with the Financial Management and Audit Act 1990 and other relevant standards, policies and guidelines.
- Coordinate departmental input into the budget cycle and Mid-Year review process, including liaising with the Executive and departmental managers
- Identify improvements and manage the implementation of new and revised financial accounting systems, reporting frameworks and processes.
- Responsible for the provision of regular and ad hoc financial reports, high level submissions, briefings and correspondence as required for the Secretary, the Chief of Staff and other senior managers.
- As a member of the Corporate and Culture management group provide support to the Director Corporate and Culture in the strategic management of the Division.
Appropriate tertiary qualifications and membership or eligibility for membership of a relevant professional body. Experience in a government accounting environment would be an advantage.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
SOD - Chief Financial Officer - 001497.DOCX
SOD - Chief Financial Officer - 001497.pdf
Information for Applicants.docx
Information for Applicants.pdf
How to apply
Electronic submission of application is preferred, please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
You will be prompted to complete an online application form and to attach your cover letter, resume and selection criteria responses. Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you have any difficulty uploading your application, please contact us prior to the closing date on (03) 6270 5607 or (03) 6270 5599.
For more information
Director, Corporate and Culture
Phone: (03) 6232 7413
Back to search results Apply now