This part-time position assists with research and practice conducted by the Trauma Informed Parents and Professionals (TIPPS) project in MSU’s School of Human Sciences. This project focuses on the education of parents and professionals regarding trauma prevention and intervention across Mississippi. These goals are achieved via in-person trainings and mail-based resource distribution. The incumbent will work in concert with faculty and staff to fulfill a variety of research tasks related to grant objectives.
Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Anticipated Appointment Date:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate with research staff, project consultants and other TIPPS team members in the management of data collection and data management activities throughout the project timeline.
2. Work in close concert with the Project PIs and project staff in designing and coordinating educational materials for parents and professionals.
3. Collaborate with PIs, project staff, and community collaborators in the delivery of educational courses for parents and professionals.
4. Perform, direct and/or coordinate research activities in compliance with the terms of the grant/contract.
5. Maintain regular contact with participants and aid in locating community resources for families where necessary.
6. Perform other duties, as assigned.
Education - Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience - Minimum: Demonstrated experience directly related to the duties of the position.
Education - Desired: Bachelor’s Degree in Child- or Family-Related Discipline from an Accredited University
Experience - Desired: 2 years of experience in a setting directly related to the duties of the position
1. Research/application experiences related to families, children, or professional development.
2. Trauma-Informed Child Advocacy, Child Advocacy Studies Training, or related trauma-focused training.
3. Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) designation.
4. Experience with extramurally funded research and development grants and/or contracts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Strong communication and organization skills.
2. Knowledge and skills to apply trauma-informed practices.
3. Ability to contribute to a cooperative work environment.
4. Strong demonstration of working in team settings.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
2. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
3. No or very limited physical effort required.
4. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants MUST apply online at www.jobs.msstate.edu to be considered for this position.
The following documents and information are required for application:
- Cover Letter
-Transcript with Social Security Numbers redacted
- Contact information for at least three professional references
An official transcript will be required if selected for employment.
December 19, 2022 until filled.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.