Assistant Director of Financial Research Administration
Job no: 521374
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Office Research Administration
Salary commensurate with experience within the grade/range
General Summary of Position:
The Office of Research Administration (ORA) provides assistance to faculty and research staff in all aspects of managing external research funding. The Assistant Director of Financial Research Administration assists in the management of the Financial Research team within ORA. The position has responsibility for and assists in the management of the financial post-award administration of grants and contracts including award set-up, expenditure approvals, invoicing, financial reporting and closeout. This position is responsible for helping to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, University and sponsor policies, procedures and rules. The position and office work closely with the Vice Chancellor for Research and Economic Development's other offices, as well as other units across the campus and throughout the University system to provide efficient and effective research administration support services to the UMass Lowell research community. Work remote opportunity.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree plus nine years of experience in Financial Research Administration
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state & general funding agency rules and regulations; extensive knowledge of Uniform Guidance
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Ability to develop and mentor staff at a variety of levels
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under the pressure of deadlines while emphasizing excellent customer service
- Experience in a Higher Education setting
- Ability to serve as a subject matter expert in the field of Research Administration
- Extensive post award experience including experience with billing and financial reporting
- Ability to work with little direct supervision
- Experience with complex contract terms and FAR/DFAR clauses
- Experience with PeopleSoft financials
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills in order to interact with faculty, staff and individuals outside the University
- Experience with multiple private and government sponsors including Department of Defense, Department of Energy, NASA, National Science Foundation, and National Institutes of Health
- Experience with electronic research administration systems
**Given the nature and responsibilities of the position, only U.S. persons (any individual who is a citizen of the United States, a permanent resident alien of the United States, or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)) will be considered for this position
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P21.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend