Job no: 497396
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Facilities Grounds
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The Facilities Specialist serves as the primary laborer of maintenance for the campus waste program and grounds maintenance. Responsible for site amenities and gathering space. Will also be a resource to all other Grounds, Maintenance and Operations of work.
- Responsible for the University waste management program at all University owned sites. Under direction of the Director, Grounds and Capital Projects, facilitates the waste and recycling removal process from building to container, container to dumpster, and from dumpster to hauler. Improves on and creates efficiencies over time that he/she see fit.
- This person shall be responsible for direct oversight and execution of work necessary to ensure that all grounds waste systems/assets and physical conditions are properly maintained. Performs asset cleaning and provides oversight when third parties are contracted to clean/maintenance compactors. Maintains onsite containers as well as one-offs used for construction, move-in, move-out, etc.
- Utilizes a computerized management system to administer and track applicable Grounds work orders. Participates in the department sustainability program of Renew/Reuse/Recycle, and works to improve the University's recycling efforts. Extracts information the Google Calendar, and other departments for planning purposes.
- Works with other Facilities Management personnel to supplement labor during staffing gaps.
- Under direction of the Director, Grounds and Capital Projects, he/she is required to oversee and assist with snow removal in their area of responsibility and insure all walks, ramps, steps, entrances to buildings, roadways, and/or parking lots are free of ice and snow.
- Will be required to drive on behalf of the University. Evening and weekend hours may be required as well as the ability to work flexible shifts, holidays and weekends. Vacations (PTO) approval may be limited during peak activity periods. This position will be required to work as scheduled during University closings to ensure campus needs are met.
- Responds to emergency calls including, but not limited to, equipment failures, utility interruptions, and weather related emergencies. Provides immediate notification to his/her supervisor of any major problem or emergencies in their area of responsibility.
- As requested by Director, Grounds and Capital Projects, assist when applicable with University related construction projects - prior, during, and after - emptying and loading space.
- Must maintain a functional awareness of typical hazards of the work place as well as special hazards that he/she or any fellow employees may encounter.
- Works with university services and departments in a professional manner. Provides continuous customer service. Assists with game day events, set up and cleanup. Performs related work as directed by the Assistant Directors, Associate Directors, and Directors as well coordination with Facilities Specialists I and II.
- Provide assistance to Director, Grounds and Capital Projects, and Facilities Specialist I and II, with campus moves, (academic/office/housing), both internal and external as well as operational and capital/construction.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Horticultural/Agronomy background is preferred. Previous experience operating computer programs such as Microsoft applications and event/work order scheduling software, as well as the knowledge to apply these programs to job performance. Experience in snow removal processes preferred.
- Previous experience in field maintenance is preferred along with the ability to operate equipment including but not limited to tractors, skid loaders, etc.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills are required.
- PA Pesticide License in Core, Category 6 and 7 is preferred.
- Valid driver's license is required.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend