Utility Worker, Part-Time
Job no: 497611
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Facilities Environmental Services
Position Type: Staff Part-Time
The position performs manual work in the custodial care of University buildings and parking facilities. In addition, incumbents will be required to provide support for University athletic events, as well as other events as required. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Facilities Specialist II and/or Facilities Specialist. This position is considered essential and is required to report to work as scheduled during University closings.
- Ability to perform all duties under Environmental Services Technician position, including but not limited to: operating equipment to strip, scrub, wax and refinish floors; clean carpets and upholstery; wash windows, door frames and walls; clean and service assigned areas; move furniture and complete set-ups and tear-downs for University functions and outside rental groups.
- Perform custodial duties for campus parking facilities, building entrances, and other venues.
- Collect and dispose of refuse and waste material from University facilities.
- Perform light maintenance duties to include, but not limited to: replacing window blinds, drapes, ceiling tiles, adjusting closet doors, replacing dispensers, changing light bulbs, cleaning lens covers, furniture replacement from stock, minor painting, and furniture repair.
- Provide event support by performing a variety of tasks as outlined under the Environmental Services job description.
- Performs striping of parking lots road signs/markers and crosswalks. Responsible for detailed and accurate layout and lining of athletic fields.
- Receives and unloads delivery trucks.
- Performs snow removal work by using hand tools to remove snow and ice from steps, walks and ramps; operates salt spreaders, tractors and trucks to remove snow and ice from walks, ramps, roads and parking lots.
- Consistently makes proper decisions to ensure the work performed is completed in accordance with project guidelines set by management, and that the project is completed with a high degree of efficiency.
- Maintain an acceptable attendance record and punctuality; meet deadlines; participate in training sessions and seminars.
- Maintains a functional awareness of typical hazards of the workplace as well as special hazards that may be encountered; follows established procedures for dealing with such potential hazards, promptly reporting all accidents or injuries to supervisor.
- Responsible for adhering to all University and departmental policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Perform related work as required. Examples listed above are not all inclusive.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard transmission.
- Ability to receive work orders verbally or in writing, ability to work well with co-workers.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, climb ladders or scaffold, remain standing and walking for long periods of time, ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to deal with reactions to chemical substances.
- Must work outside in all types of weather, at times, in unpleasant areas, must clean spills of various substances including body fluids.
- Overtime is required as needed.
- Ability to report to work during any University closings.
- Must be able to work and shift at any University location.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend