Student Employment: Advising Assistant for the College of Arts and Sciences - Fall 2023
Job no: 495149
Work type: Student Employment
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Categories: Federal Work-Study
|Advising Assistant for the College of Arts and Sciences
|College of Arts and Sciences Advising Commons
|Student Employment Type:
Conversations with students are likely to include:
- exploring academic and career options with undeclared students,
- finding course placement information,
- finding open courses,
- determining progress towards another major and how to change majors,
- understanding progress towards degree, using resources to identify intersection between academic studies and career opportunities,
- exploring career options,
- creating an initial college-level resume and LinkedIn profile,
- preparing for a job or internship interview,
- discussing on- and off-campus experiential learning, opportunities, including study away, internships, co-curricular opportunities, and shadowing.
In addition, the assistant will help with job postings, website maintenance, marketing and social media, and work on other duties as assigned.
- Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills, enjoy working with students and faculty, be able to handle confidential information with discretion, and be able to help students navigate various University and CAS technology platforms (including Self Service, CAS 360, and QUCC). Previous experience in a role involving direct student contact (e.g. RA, peer catalyst/tutor, or orientation leader), a Learning Commons-trained peer tutor or catalyst, or a student who has worked in another peer instructional role is preferred but not required.
|Hours of Position:
- 10 hours per week. Must be available for THREE one-hour online training sessions.
|Required Documents for Application:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for two references
|Instructions to Applicants:
|Click Apply at the top of the page. Complete the required application.
Note to Faculty/Staff Applicants Only:
If a final candidate is a current or previous Quinnipiac employee, the hiring manager must obtain a reference check from the candidate’s current or former manager before making an offer of employment. If the candidate's current or most-recent Quinnipiac supervisor is unavailable, the hiring manager should contact Talent Acquisition for assistance in determining the appropriate alternate contact:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now