Student Employment: B&G Clubs Academic Tutor - AY 23/24
Job no: 495419
Work type: Student Employment
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT, Off-Campus (Community Service)
Categories: Federal Work-Study
B&G Clubs Academic Tutor
||Office of Community Engagement
|Student Employment Type:
- Provide literacy tutoring based on New Haven Reads tutoring program
- Participate in the selection of age-appropriate academic games and mentoring, such as Scrabble, word games, etc.
- Promote learning, fun and exploration of STEM through academically enriched programs as available.
- Provide homework help and tutoring.
- Past experience working with youth encouraged, but not required
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Be committed to the philosophy, needs and rewards of working with the Boys and Girls Clubs
- Be organized, reliable, hard-working with strong values
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure while maintaining a positive demeanor with youth
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft programs
|Hours of Position:
- Boys and Girls Clubs hours of operation are M-F between 2:30-6pm for afterschool programs. Applicants must have time available within these hours to be able to work at this location.
|Required Documents for Application:
|Instructions to Applicants:
||Click Apply at the top of the page. Complete the required application.
Note to Faculty/Staff Applicants Only:
If a final candidate is a current or previous Quinnipiac employee, the hiring manager must obtain a reference check from the candidate’s current or former manager before making an offer of employment. If the candidate's current or most-recent Quinnipiac supervisor is unavailable, the hiring manager should contact Talent Acquisition for assistance in determining the appropriate alternate contact:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now