Position: Assistant Professor of Marketing
Effective Date: August 17, 2023 (Fall Semester)
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Deadline: Review of applications to begin July 6, 2022. Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled).
College of Business
Department of Marketing
- Ph.D. (or DBA) in Marketing or a closely related field from an AACSB accredited institution. Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2023.
- Demonstrated potential for excellent teaching at the college level
- Demonstrated potential for research, scholarly and creative activities leading to publications
- Demonstrated potential for curriculum development
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- Evidence of effective teaching experience in Marketing
- Potential for teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses
- Peer-reviewed articles published or under review in high quality Marketing academic journals
- Experience in teaching and mentoring students from historically marginalized communities
- Experience of successfully working with populations demographically and socioeconomically similar to the CSULB student body (demographics)
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in various areas of Marketing [Mode of instruction may include in-person, hybrid, online, and/or any combination thereof.]
- Engage in research, scholarly and creative activities leading to publications and presentations in Marketing and related fields
- Participate in curriculum and program development and keep content current
- Participate in department, college, university, and community service activities
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University’s strong commitment to the academic success of all our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here:
How to Apply - Required Documentation:
- An Equity and Diversity Statement which addresses your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (maximum two pages, single-spaced). For further information and guidelines, please visit: http://www.csulb.edu/EquityDiversityStatement
- Letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- Sample(s) of research paper, if applicable (no more than 2)
- Student evaluations, if applicable
- Three references (to be contacted for confidential letters of recommendation should you reach the finalist stage)
- Finalists should be prepared to submit a Job Market Paper
- Finalists should be prepared to submit an official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
How to Apply: Click Apply Now icon to complete the CSULB online application
Requests for information should be addressed to:
Dr. Ingrid Martin, Search Committee Chair
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Marketing
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-8503
A background check (including criminal records check and telephone reference check with the most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017, as a condition of employment.
CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.