Artist Hospitality Liaison
Job no: 514482
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Artist Hospitality Liaison works to meet the needs of visisting artists and clients in the areas of backstage hospitality and performance support at The Soraya. The incumbent is charged with cultivating an excellent hospitality experience for visiting artists, guests and rental clients in the backstage areas.
- Focuses on artist needs including but not limited to arrival times, meal times, etc. Remains attentive while The Soraya’s artists are in venue to respond quickly to any artist needs.
- Reviews artists’ contractual rider in order to prepare for artist arrival in venue.
- Places food orders, tracks schedules for the venue and pooled staff, and works with Production Administrator to advance any artist needs, including but not limited to artist schedule, dietary needs, complimentary tickets, meet-and-greets, back stage guests, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3lRW9Wi
- High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of full-time experience working in a fast-paced hospitality environment for a theater, hotel, restaurant, large assembly venue, or similar facility; two years of experience preferred. Food Service Manager Certification (preferred), CPT Certification (preferred), and Alcohol Safety Training (preferred).
- Candidate must possess a valid california driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of applicable procedures and regulations related to hospitality industry. Knowledge of proper food handling, sanitation, and safety in the work place.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, EventPro, and Jolt.
- Demonstrated experience and/or skills in leading a group of staff on a task or goal.
- Demonstrated good customer service and public relation skills, with the ability to work under pressure of deadlines and with a wide variety of personalities in the execution of events.
- Food Service Manager Certification, CPT Certification, and Alcohol Safety training are preferred.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification/grade: 8820 / Community Service Specialist 2 / 2:
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $3216 - $4000, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3216 - $5049 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- Applications received through June 16, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend