Lecturer in Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics at San Francisco State University invites applications for part-time lecturer positions (non-tenure track) in Mathematics for the Academic Year 2023-2024. We are especially interested in qualified candidates with a demonstrated commitment -- through their teaching -- to the diversity and excellence of our department.
Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about the department at the website http://math.sfsu.edu . The start and end dates of the semester can be found at the following link: https://webapps.sfsu.edu/public/webcal/acadcalendar
The department seeks instructors for the lower-division courses (numbered below 300) offered in our undergraduate program along with 324, 325 and 565. Please consult the bulletin and indicate which courses you are qualified to teach: http://bulletin.sfsu.edu/courses/math/
Applicants are required to upload the following documents:
- A cover letter expressing interest in the specific classes you would like to teach.
- An inclusion statement indicating how you plan to actively engage students from diverse backgrounds in your classroom (no more than 1 page)
- A current Curriculum Vitae (including details of current and previous teaching experience: date of teaching, institution, class size)
- The names, addresses, phone numbers and emails of two professional references who are in a position to comment on the applicant’s current or previous teaching experience.
- Masters or Ph.D. (or advanced standing in a Ph.D. program) in area of teaching interest
- Record of working and communicating effectively with colleagues and students
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate inclusion, diversity, and educational equity in teaching;
- Experience working closely with students from historically underrepresented communities;
- Record of contributing to collegial, supportive, and collaborative work environments;
Applications will be accepted up until the beginning of the term or until the position is filled.
Lecturer A/2 Full-Time Equivalent Salary Range: $4,530 – $6,056 per month
Lecturer B/3 Full-Time Equivalent Salary Range: $5,405 – $11,994 per month
Lecturer C/4 Full-Time Equivalent Salary Range: $6,190 – $13,172 per month
Lecturer D/5 Full-Time Equivalent Salary Range: $7,794 – $13,797 per month
Anticipated hiring range is generally at or near the minimum of the appropriate range, commensurate with education and experience. Most new lecturers are hired at the Lecturer A or B rank.
Applications will be accepted up until the beginning of each term or until the positions are filled.
The start and end dates of the semester can be found at the following link: https://webapps.sfsu.edu/public/webcal/acadcalendar
San Francisco State University
San Francisco State University is a member of the CSU system and serves a diverse student body of 25,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The University seeks to promote appreciation of scholarship, freedom and, human diversity through excellence in instruction and intellectual accomplishment.
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Thank you for your interest in employment with California State University (CSU). CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California. Because of this, CSU prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California with very limited exception. While this position may be eligible for occasional telework, all work is expected to be performed in the state of California, and this position is assigned to on-campus operations.