|Skills & Competencies:
- Superior writing, editing, proofreading experience
- Experience working on tight deadlines and presenting quality drafts
- Experience writing for different audiences (internal, external, published articles)
- Experience with different styles of writing including speeches, intellectual articles, and
scholarly Jewish articles, business and donor communications
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate complex information, understand multifaceted concepts,
and translate these into compelling prose.
- Ability to manage project from start to finish including setting up timeline, incorporating
edits, proofing final materials for submission
- Able to collaborate on projects, responsive to feedback and demonstrate ability to
incorporate feedback in a timely manner
- Demonstrates ability to manage deadlines and proactively communicate with others to
ensure projects are on time and on track
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and have access to a shuttle to nearby subway locations.