Hospital Medical Officer
Job no: 495033
Work type: Casual, Full time, Part time
Location: Cairns Private Hospital
Categories: Medical Professionals
Cairns Private Hospital, North QLD
Cairns Private Hospital currently has opportunities for Medical Officers interested in joining our existing pool of doctors and providing clinical management and care for a wide range of Hospital inpatients across a variety of specialties including cardiology, general medicine, orthopaedics, ENT, O&G, general surgery, urology and rehabilitation medicine. Full/Part Time and Casual positions available.
The medical officer roster operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with 12 hour shifts available. These positions are well remunerated via an attractive hourly rate, + super, + Medicare billings (provider number required) and salary sacrificing. Pro-rata leave entitlements apply including reasonable conference expenses.
The Medical Officer is responsible for:
- Review of all inpatients as required and order investigations and reviews as deemed necessary
- Undergo comprehensive patient admission assessments in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive record of inpatient notes on patients conditions and plan of care
- Oversee and liaise with medical students according to hospital placements
- Assist with education of clinical staff
- Liaise and consult with VMOs on patient’s condition and care plans
- Provide effective first line management during medical emergencies and code situations
To be eligible for this position, you will need:
- General Registration with AHPRA
- Minimum PGY3 +
- Competent in providing advanced life support measures including paediatric and neonatal resus
- Ability to obtain a Medicare provider number
Hourly rate range between $110.00 and $120.00, plus superannuation and pro-rata leave entitlements and Medicare Billings (provider number required).
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Cairns Private Hospital is in tropical Cairns, in far north Queensland.
The hospital is a modern, well-equipped facility which offers a comprehensive range of medical and allied services. Cairns Private Hospital is committed to the provision of first-class medical care for the people of the region and the thousands of tourists who visit the area.
The company is strongly committed to further developing the already high-quality patient facilities and services at Cairns Private Hospital to meet the future health care needs of patients in the Cairns area. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Dolores Cross on 07 4052 5404.
Close Date: 5 February 2020
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend