Cardiology Booking Clerk
Job no: 496543
Work type: Casual
Location: Joondalup Health Campus
Categories: Administration/Support Services
We are seeking a positive, driven and enthusiastic Cardiology Bookings Clerk to become an integral team member within our Joondalup Health Campus Cardiology department.
This is a casual opportunity to work flexibly and cover for leave as required.
About the Role
As a Cardiology Bookings Clerk, you will responsible for assisting in the co-ordination of all Joondalup Health Campus cardiology day cases admissions, while also maintaining cardiology day case patient flow for both private and public patients. Promoting best practice and actively supporting continuous improvement projects, you will work constructively and collaboratively with a supportive and respected team.
This role will also involve, but is not limited to;
- Accurately entering in data for cardiology day case lists
- Liaising with ward areas, cardiac catheterisation lab and coronary care unit to ensure timely admission and transfer of patients
- Book echocardiogram procedures for CCU and ensure reports are available to the medical staff for review
- Responding to telephone enquiries from doctors, customers and wards areas
To succeed in this role you will exercise proper courtesy and consideration when dealing with customers and staff, providing exceptional customer service at all times, while demonstrating honesty, integrity and ethics. Your ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, will assist in actively fostering a cohesive, constructive and collaborative team working environment.
You will also bring:
- Substantial experience in a hospital or healthcare setting
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills, including the ability to plan, prioritise, make decisions, meet deadlines and manage resources
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) email, internet etc.
- Good problem solving skills
- Flexibility to meet variable work demands
- Previous experience supervising staff
- Knowledge of Patient Administration Systems (e.g. Meditech) and Practice management software (e.g. Genie).
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus. The hospital has an Emergency Department, After Hours GP Clinic and on-site MRI. Specialties include public and private Medical, Surgical, Orthopaedics and Ophthalmology, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Intensive and Coronary Care Units, Day Procedure Unit, Renal and Oncology, public and private Restorative Units, Day Therapy and public and private Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Joondalup Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and cover letter addressing the above criteria).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Dawn Owers on 08 9400 9372 or via email: OwersD@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 14 November 2019
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend