We are seeking a casual CSSD Technician to be a part of our supportive team at Wollongong Private Hospital
About the Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for cleaning, assembly, inspecting, packing, sterilising and distributing medical and surgical instruments used for surgical procedures as well as the processing and disinfecting flexible scopes and probes in accordance with various industry and organisational policies and procedures for the Wollongong Private Hospital’s Clinical departments and external customers.
Working in conjunction with the Operating Theatre staff to provide sterile equipment in a timely matter. This is a critical part of the surgical process and the ability to work efficiently with your team to manage pressing deadlines is crucial.
CSSD Technicians are responsible for supporting the CSSD Manager and development and implementation of continued quality improvements that will improve customer service and meet industry standards.
The successful applicant will have the following selection criteria:
- Available to work flexible shifts
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Well-developed customer service skills
- Certificate III in Sterilisation will be highly regarded, but experienced applicants without qualifications are still encouraged to apply
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a high-performing team
- Computer skills
- Previous experience in a sterilising area
- Experience in Endoscope processing
- Located 1.5 hours South of Sydney (easily accessible via public transport)
- A beautiful by the sea location with excellent food and wine, unlimited recreational opportunities for you and your family
- Flexible working agreements within our ward offering hours to suit your work/life balance
- Continuous Professional Development opportunities
- Monthly staff recognition and social events to promote healthy work relationship
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Wollongong Private Hospital is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct.
The 151 bed private hospital features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital includes all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory, day oncology unit and stand-alone day surgical centre. It offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services.
Located just 80km south of Sydney, Wollongong is a major metropolitan hub on the coast of NSW. Whilst enjoying all the services of a major metropolitan city, Wollongong residents also enjoy a relaxed beach lifestyle in this beautiful coastal location.
Wollongong Private Hospital is defined by our unique culture and dedication to giving outstanding patient care. From the way we recognise and reward our staff to our attitude toward the patient experience – we are a great choice for staff who would like to be part of a cutting-edge, fast paced and progressive environment.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Vivianne Eager, CSSD Manager via email EagerV@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: Friday 21 February 2020