We are seeking experienced ICU Registered Nurses to join our Intensive Care Unit at Peninsula Private Hospital in Langwarrin.
There are multiple roles available including;
- Permanent Part Time roles
- Casual roles
- Two 12-Month Maternity Leave roles working either 66 or 72 hours per fortnight.
About the Role
The 11 bed Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Peninsula Private Hospital was established in 2012 and has developed a strong reputation for providing excellent care for patients requiring this level of service. All ranges of specialties are catered for with a strong focus on cardiothoracic procedures.
As a member of our clinical team you will review, plan and deliver patient care within the unit with the support and guidance of the Nurse Unit Manager, Clinical Nurse Educator and ANUM's to ensure a high level of quality service is provided to our patients within the Ward.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting as a trained Nurse with Critical Care/ICU experience. You will hold a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The flexibility to work rotating shifts of 12-hour duration inclusive of weekend and night duties will be key for this position.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a high-performing team.
- A Critical Care certificate or equivalent will be essential for casual and maternity leave roles positions but significant proven
ICU experience will be sufficient for the permanent roles.
On offer is a rate ranging from;
- $31 -$42 per hour + Casual Loading for casual employees.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peninsula Private Hospital is an acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside suburb of Frankston in Melbourne's south east. Peninsula is currently undergoing development and expansion of its cardiac, medical, surgical, oncology and perioperative services, which will see the hospital grow from 272 beds to 341 beds by January 2020. The hospital currently accommodates a 14 bay emergency department, 160 medical and surgical, 36 cardiac, 11 ICU, 7 Neonatal, 14 Obstetric, and 33 Oncology beds which includes 10 day-infusion chairs. As a fully accredited health care facility we offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology.
Peninsula Private Hospital provides an onsite 24/7 emergency service.
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
- Scholarships & Study Discounts
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- A doctor is on-site 24 / 7
- On-site ICU (11 beds)
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Morning & afternoon tea provided
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Sarah Edwards, Nurse Unit Manager 03 9788 4355.