Job no: 500027
Work type: Casual
Location: Lake Macquarie Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Lake Macquarie Private Hospital is the only private Emergency Department in the Newcastle region. If you’re passionate about nursing and want to make a difference, we are currently looking for friendly, flexible and motivated Registered Nurses who would like to join our team and work in the Emergency Department. Multiple Casual opportunities available.
About the Role
We are seeking experienced Registered Nurses to join our supportive team to continue to provide our patients with specialised and dedicated care. Registered Nurses within the Emergency Department will work as members of the multi-disciplinary team providing safe, cost effective nursing care; ensuring patients who present to the Emergency Department are cared for in a timely fashion. The successful applicants will have the opportunity to work in a highly skilled diverse environment that incorporates both adults and paediatric patients.
Our team prides itself on exceeding Ramsay’s high standard of care with a professional and positive attitude by creating a friendly, caring and comfortable environment for its patients.
To be successful in this role you will be a positive and effective team player who brings excellent clinical and interpersonal skills. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage your time effectively to meet your responsibilities.
You will also demonstrate;
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in Emergency department
- Previous experience in resus bay
- Ability to assess, plan, coordinate and evaluate care delivery needs of patient
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organisational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Strong customer service skills
- Willingness to work across 7 day rotating roster
- Accreditation in Intra-venous cannulation and venepuncture or working towards
- Previous experience as a team leader (desirable)
- Previous experience in Triage (desirable)
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more
About the Organisation
Lake Macquarie Private Hospital is a 187 bed acute Advanced Surgical and Medical Hospital situated on the Pacific Highway at Gateshead, 15 kms south of the Newcastle CBD. The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care Limited, the largest operator of private hospitals in Australia. Specialties include Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, General Surgery (including Colorectal), Breast Surgery, Plastics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Vascular and Oncology.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People"
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Joel Budden, Nurse Unit Manager via email email@example.com.
Closing Date: 06/04/2020
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend