- Permanent full time
- Key leadership and management role
- Grow your career across our national network
A wonderful opportunity exists for a professional and dedicated Nurse Unit Manager with strong managerial and leadership qualities to lead, support and empower our respected Early Parenting Centre at Glengarry Private Hospital.
About the Role
As the Nurse Unit Manager, you will hold a key leadership and management role, and be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all human and material resources within the department. This role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the department.
You will also be responsible for working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery, in line with best practice and legislative requirements. Working closely with the Executive team you will help shape organisational strategies, improve service provisions and achieve departmental and Hospital strategic objectives.
To be successful in this role, you will bring extensive clinical skills and experience working with babies, toddlers and parent support, demonstrated experience in supporting families with sleep and settling, and hold a passion for client care. Demonstrating creative and innovative leadership, you will have the ability to empower staff and foster a culture that is positive, honest, supportive and forward thinking.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA
- A minimum of five years post registration experience in a relevant field that demonstrates advanced clinical skills across the scope of Glengarry EPC services
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and material resources
- Experience in management of change processes, risk management and quality improvement processes
- Experience leading a clinical team
- Demonstrated experience of developing and implementing education programs.
- Group facilitation skills
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Alibility to apply research findings to clinical practice.
- Advanced Diploma or other relevant post registration qualifications in Child and Family Health Nursing
- Evidence of prior service delivery planning and research projects
- Sound computer skills using MS Office programs, including Excel
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Glengarry Private Hospital, owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care Australia, has 113 beds including a palliative care unit, a bed medical/rehabilitation ward, a surgical ward, a Day Surgery and Endoscopy unit, an Early Parenting Centre and maternity services incorporating an obstetrics ward, delivery suite and Level 2 special care nursery. Glengarry has four operating suites and 2 procedure rooms for Endoscopy. Glengarry Private Hospital is located in the Perth suburb of Duncraig, 15km north of the CBD.
Glengarry Private Hospital’s Early Parenting Centre (Parent and Baby Unit) is a five-bed specialist inpatient unit for the assessment and treatment of parent and baby health and wellbeing, by providing acute specialist treatment programs and parent education. Our program operates with a multi-disciplinary team including Child Health Nurses, Midwives, General/Paediatric Nurses, Lactation Consultants and Paediatricians.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application. All applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and persons in patient contact roles will also be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquries, please contact:
Karen Cunliffe, Director of Clinical Services
Ph: 08 9246 6303
Close Date: Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 11.55 pm