- Want to work with a motivated and friendly team?
- Work in a new state of the art perioperative suite with ample onsite parking
- Do you need flexibility? We can offer hours to suit to maintain the right work/life balance
Wollongong Private Hospital is seeking a Registered Nurse/Scrub Scout to join our Perioperative Services Team in this Permanent Part Time opportunity (Hours Negotiable).
About the Role
Wollongong Private Hospital is defined by our unique culture and dedication to giving outstanding patient care. From the way we recognise and reward our staff to our attitude toward the patient experience – we are a great choice for staff who want to be part of a cutting-edge, fast paced and progressive environment.
Our Robotic Surgery team operates across multiple specialties including Urology, ENT, General/Colorectal and Gynaecology using the Da Vinci Robot. They are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Perioperative Scrub Nurse to join our dynamic team.
The Operating Theatres offer flexible rostering to balance work and family commitments, a commitment to ongoing education and a friendly work environment. The successful candidates must be committed to the provision of a high level of customer service and quality health care in a team environment.
To be successful in this role you will be a positive and effective team player who brings excellent clinical and interpersonal skills. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage your time effectively to meet your responsibilities.
You will also demonstrate
- Relevant current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 2 years Scrub nursing experience in one or more of the above specialities in an acute care setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High standard of customer service
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of current relevant guidelines, regulations and standards
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services an more
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Wollongong Private Hospital is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct.
The 151 bed private hospital features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital includes all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory, day oncology unit and stand-alone day surgical centre. It offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Leonie Sharp on SharpLeonie@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 01st June 2020 at 11:55pm