- Permanent full time
- Join our friendly & supportive HIM team
- Grow your career across our national network
Hollywood Private Hospital is seeking an experienced Clinical Coder to join our Health Information Services team on a permanent full time basis, working 76 hours per fortnight.
About the Role
As a Clinical Coder you will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate abstraction and assignment of inpatient episodes. The diagnosis and procedure codes for inpatient episodes of care are assigned in accordance with the most current standards and guidelines such as The International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, Australian Modification (ICD-AM), The Australian Classification of Health Interventions (ACHI), Australian Coding Standards and Department of Health, Western Australia guidelines.
Your role will also involve, but is not limited to;
- Effectively following-up documentation and reports that are absent from the medical record;
- Liaising with medical officers, clinical staff and administrative staff to obtain accurate information to facilitate coding; and
- Participating in patient reporting system and data transmission activities as required.
To be successful in this role, you will work effectively both within a team environment and independently as required. Your ability to maintain positive relationships and strong communication networks with all stakeholders and departments, ensuring all quality outcomes are achieved, is crucial for this role.
You will also meet the following critera:
- Minimum two (2) years’ full-time equivalent clinical coding experience in a tertiary or secondary hospital (or equivalent);
- Completion of a Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) Intermediate Clinical Coding course (or equivalent);
- Sound knowledge and understanding of health fund contracts;
- Strong understanding of casemix and Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG);
- Demonstrated good understanding of anatomy, physiology, diseases and/or pathological processes;
- Demonstrated sound computer skills using the MS Office Suite; and
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement activities and excellence in customers service.
Candidates who have participated in quality improvement processes will be highly regarded.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With over 700 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital provides medical, surgical and mental health services for over 70,000 West Australian each year. The hospital employs over 2,000 people and has more than 700 accredited specialists working across a wide range of disciplines including cardiology, gastroenterology, general medicine, general surgery, neurosurgery, oncology, orthopaedics, palliative care, psychiatry, rehabilitation and urology.
For more information on the hospital, please visit www.hollywoodprivatehospital.com.au.
Full time equivalent base salary for Clinical Coders range from $72,014.00 to $86,980.00+ superannuation, and is dependent on experience level.
Please note, this rate is full time equivalent and is exclusive of penalties or allowances.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will also be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Gordon Laing, Health Information Services Manager
Close Date: Thursday, 18 June 2020 at 11.55 pm.