Night Duty Registered Nurses - Surgical
Job no: 501867
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: Lake Macquarie Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Permanent Full-time or Part-time Opportunities!
About the Role
We are currently seeking applications for experienced Registered Nurses that would like to work NIGHT DUTY only on Scott ward at our Lake Macquarie Private Hospital. This is a great opportunity to join our progressive and innovative team and to assist in the growth of our organisation.
Scott ward is a General Surgical unit, providing pre and post-operative care to patients undergoing elective surgical procedures. We also provide care for medical admissions who are admitted via the emergency department.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting as a Registered Nurse, with surgical experience. You will hold a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and be a positive and effective team player who can work independently as required.
You will also bring;
- Current registration with APHRA
- Minimum 3 years nursing experience in surgical nursing
- Excellent time management skills, with an ability to organise work in a systematic, accurate and timely manner and be flexible in a changing environment
- Demonstrated skills in teamwork and leadership
- Caring, compassionate, and empathetic individual that will take pride in your work
- Availability to work a night duty roster
- Knowledge of Quality/ Continuous Improvement Processes and National Standards
- Recent and relevant experience in General Surgical nursing
We value our staff and provide a wide range of attractive local and national employee benefits including:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Lake Macquarie Private Hospital is a 187 bed acute Advanced Surgical and Medical Hospital situated on the Pacific Highway at Gateshead, 15 kms south of the Newcastle CBD. The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care Limited, the largest operator of private hospitals in Australia. Specialties include Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, General Surgery (including Colorectal), Breast Surgery, Plastics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Vascular and Oncology.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and a current NSW Working with Children Check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Kathryn Boslem, Nursing Unit Manager at email@example.com or call on 4947 5163
Close Date: 14 July 2020 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend