- Permanent part time
- Key role that provides clinical leadership
- Work for a well-respected global health care industry
A wonderful opportunity exists for a motivated and organised Discharge Planner Coordinator to join our Clinical Support team at Hollywood Private Hospital.
This is a permanent part time opportunity to work a minimum of 24 hours per fortnight (6 hr shifts Monday and Friday and flexibility to cover leave as required).
About the Role
As a discharge planner, you will be working in a key role that provides clinical leadership to nursing, medical and allied health providers. You will be responsible for providing an effective discharge planning service, coordinating the strategic and operational planning for discharge activities and associated services across the hospital. Your role will involve, but is not limited to;
- Coordinating the patient discharge planning process;
- Ensuring patients have a smooth transition from the hospital to the community with appropriate care and services
- Plan complex discharges with a multidisciplinary team.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset with experience working in an acute care hospital setting. Your effective interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), ability to work in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced team environment, client-focused attitude and willingness to accept and promote Ramsay’s core values are essential for this role.
You will also bring:
- Registered with Australian Nurses & Midwives Board of Australia
- Completed at least three years’ experience in an acute care hospital
- Knowledge of and ability to implement contemporary discharge planning practices
- Ability to plan and conduct staff education
- Advanced level of problem solving, prioritising and negotiation skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Knowledge of and participation in Quality Improvement process
- Sound computer skills
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With over 700 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital provides medical, surgical and mental health services for over 70,000 West Australian each year. The hospital employs over 2,000 people and has more than 700 accredited specialists working across a wide range of disciplines including cardiology, gastroenterology, general medicine, general surgery, neurosurgery, oncology, orthopaedics, palliative care, psychiatry, rehabilitation and urology.
For more information on the hospital, please visit www.hollywoodprivatehospital.com.au.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (6 months or less) National Police check and a valid Working With Children Check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Stephanie Jones, Patient Flow Manager
Close Date: Friday, 10 July 2020 at 11.55 pm.