- Casual opportunity
- Join a respected and supportive team
- Work for a well-respected global health care industry
Hollywood Private Hospital is seeking a motivated and positive Orthopaedic Technician to join our Theatre Department, working on a casual basis.
Come and join our team!
About the Role
Recently expanding to 20 theatres, Hollywood Private Hospital is the largest private hospital theatre complex in Western Australia and contains some of the most innovative technologies, including robotic surgery capability.
As an Orthopaedic Technician, you will work as an integral member of the clinical team by supporting theatre personnel to prepare the theatre environment for the appropriate procedure. This will include positioning patients and ensuring patient safety and dignity is maintained at all times, while complying with legislative guidelines and the policies and procedures of Hollywood Private Hospital and Ramsay Health Care. Your role will also involve, but is not limited to;
- Adhering to guidelines and maintaining the sterile field during surgery; and
- Undertaking designated cleaning tasks in accordance with documented procedures and schedule to ensure high standards of cleanliness (including personal) are maintained.
Flexibility to work across a seven-day rotating roster is essential for this role.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with previous experience as an Orthopaedic Technician. Your effective written and verbal communication skills, and your ability to work in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced team environment is essential for this role.
You will also bring:
- Certificate III in Operating Theatre Technician Practice (or equivalent)
- Recent relevant experience and understanding of issues associated with acute care/ perioperative settings
- Basic understanding of infection control principles
- Excellent time management skills
Candidates that meet the following criteria will be highly regarded:
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to work in Orthopaedic setting
- Computer literacy
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With over 700 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital provides medical, surgical and mental health services for over 70,000 West Australian each year. The hospital employs over 2,000 people and has more than 700 accredited specialists working across a wide range of disciplines including cardiology, gastroenterology, general medicine, general surgery, neurosurgery, oncology, orthopaedics, palliative care, psychiatry, rehabilitation and urology.
For more information on the hospital, please visit www.hollywoodprivatehospital.com.au.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (6 months or less) National Police check and a valid Working With Children Check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Mary Anne Wolf, Clinical Nurse Manager
Ph: 08 9346 6577
Close Date: Friday, 10 July 2020 at 11.55 pm.